The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1798.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Edward Hasted, 'The hundred of Calehill: Introduction', in The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7(Canterbury, 1798), British History Online https://prod.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol7/p412 [accessed 3 April 2025].
Edward Hasted, 'The hundred of Calehill: Introduction', in The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7(Canterbury, 1798), British History Online, accessed April 3, 2025, https://prod.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol7/p412.
Edward Hasted. "The hundred of Calehill: Introduction". The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7. (Canterbury, 1798), British History Online. Web. 3 April 2025. https://prod.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol7/p412.
THE HUNDRED OF CALEHILL
LIES the next hundred southward from that of Wye. It is written in Domesday, Calebelle,
AND CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE PARISHES OF
1. CHARING.
2. EGERTON.
3. LITTLE CHART.
4. PLUCKLEY; and part of
5. WESTWELL, and
6. SMARDEN.
And The churches of those parishes; and likewise a part of the parishes of Bethersden, Great Chart, Hedcorne, Hothfield, and Lenham, the churches of which are in other hundreds. Two constables have jurisdiction over it.